White Horse Contractors are excited to appoint a new Sportsfield Grounds Maintenance Operative to our growing team
White Horse Contractors are specialist contractors working on a diverse range of projects including natural sports turf construction and renovation, land drainage, water engineering and landscaping. As a Sportsfield Grounds Maintenance Operative, you will be responsible for the safe operation of plant and equipment authorised to operate for the maintenance of sports pitches, as instructed and directed by the senior operative, and to take your own initiative with smaller works where you will be required to be responsible for all aspects of the work, Health & Safety, and quality.
To succeed in this role, you will be able to;
- Maintain and prepare sports pitches to a high level.
- Work from drawings under the direction of the Contracts Manager.
- Prepare and operate a modern fleet of tractors, plant, equipment
and tools in a safe manner according to all relevant legislation and company procedures.
- Perform and record daily safety and maintenance checks on plant and equipment prior to use.
- Maintain workplace in accordance with company health, safety and environmental
procedures and standards, follow quality procedures and highlight opportunities for improvement.
- To be CPCS qualified or prepared to undertake any necessary training as required for your role.
- You will be expected to have a proven track record in a similar position.
In return we offer an excellent remuneration package, your own vehicle, job security and the ability to progress within an expanding organisation. With excellent rates of pay to suitable candidates and overtime hours available, you will be guaranteed a 40 hour basic week, annual attendance bonus, a weekly service bonus after your first year and a workplace pension scheme.
Please apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or call for more information on 01865 736272