White Horse Contractors (WHC) were appointed as the main contractor to renovate an 18 year old (sand filled) artificial turf pitch at Thomas Hardye Leisure Centre. WHC were appointed for this job because of their outstanding experience in all aspects of resurfacing and landscaping. Responding to the brief WHC provided the second lowest price but drawing on experience of past projects we were the only tenderer to submit alternative details that offered a better solution including replacing the edges. Our tender provided a more permanent solution and was considered to be good value for money.
WHC were responsible for:
- Lifting and removing existing sand dressed carpet – replacing with a Tiger Turf Soccer Real 50 third generation surface which is part filled with sand and rubber. A product that offers an 8 year manufacture’s warranty and is also tested to FiFA 2 star standard
- Carrying out extensive repairs to the existing rubber shock pad and engineering the base
- Resurfacing the foot path surrounding the pitch – this was a complete upgrade and resulted in an impressive finish and a much harder wearing product
- Carrying out pitch drainage repairs and renovation
- Landscaping including:
- Upgrading the existing fence – creating a safe environment for competitive recreation sport
- Installing pitch dividers (netting system) that could be used to split the main pitch into smaller areas aimed at 5-a-side and 7-a-side sport.
- supply and installation of new timber kick boards