- Delivery of 30-hectare country park fulfilling planning obligations for major housing development
- Regeneration of North East Banbury with recreational and communal facilities
- Construction of extensive primary pathways with street lamps and secondary pathways across the park
- Landscaping and planting of 600 trees and 10,000 plants
- Drainage installation across the site to detailed developer specifications
Longford Park is a housing development in Banbury, shared by a national housing consortium of Barratt Homes, Bovis Homes and Taylor Wimpey, with an accumulation of 1000 houses. To fulfil planning requirements this consortium sought a capable and proven contractor to construct a new country park in line with Cherwell District Council’s planning policy for regeneration of the Banbury East area.
The first phase of the development required the construction of two full size natural turf football pitches. White Horse Contractors won the tender for this work and smoothly delivered the project on time and on budget. Read more about our natural turf sports pitch construction services
Impressed by the White Horse team, the three national housing companies re-selected White Horse Contractors for the major body of work, the construction of a country park on a challenging site subject to flooding and erosion.