White Horse Contractors were selected for this prestigious project, constructing what is planned to be the National Football Centre for The FA’s national squads.
The first phase of the project involved significant remodelling and drainage of estate parkland into plateaux appropriate for the formation of training and world-class, match standard pitches. The extensive scope of works encompassed many specialist disciplines including fully automated irrigation systems, under-pitch heating systems and floodlighting.
The schedule of constructed pitches is as follows:
- 11no. premier natural grass pitches
- 2no. full-size 3G artificial turf pitches
- Fully automated irrigation system to all grass pitches
- Fully automated under-pitch heating systems
- Floodlighting systems to elite pitches
- Rubber crumb amelioration for goalkeeper practice area
White Horse Contractors managed all pitch construction works including substantial sub-contract packages, offering a comprehensive and turnkey solution to the client.
The facility was completed on time and on-budget, delivering what can be regarded as the finest and most extensive football facility of its kind in the UK. Find out more about our natural turf pitch construction services.